We respect your privacy and will only use your details to respond to your enquiry and to let you know of future developments which may be beneficial to you. Your privacy is important to us and we will not do anything to violate your trust.
We collect these sorts of information on this site:
Anonymous aggregate information about vists to this web site (this cannot be associated with a particular user)
Your e-mail address if passed to us for inclusion on our mailing list.
We treat customer information as strictly confidential – it is never revealed to third parties.
We use customer information for the following purposes:
To evaluate use of the website
To contact subscribers who have opted-in to our mailing list
Use of re-targeting functions on the website:
Activation of interest-related advertising using “retargeting”
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that a website places on your computer.
Web pages have no memory. If you are surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be recognised as the same user across pages. Cookies enable your browser to be recognised by the website. So cookies are mainly used to remember the choices you have made – choices such as the language you prefer and the currency you use. They will also make sure you are recognised when you return to a website.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookies and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorised according to their function, their lifespan and according to who places them on a website.
Our website uses the following types of cookie:
- Technical cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you to use our website efficiently and effectively, for example by remembering your preferred currency and language, your searches and the accommodation you viewed earlier. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you and enhance your experience.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimise and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements on third-party websites. We will not know who you are, and only obtain anonymous data.
- Commercial cookies: We use these to show you Ashmount House advertisements on other websites. This is called “retargeting” and it aims to be based on your browsing activities on our website, such as the destinations you have been searching for, the accommodation you have viewed and the prices you have been shown.
The cookies we use have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some of them is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want to.
You can find our cookies in your browser settings.
Does Ashmount House use third-party cookies?
Yes, Ashmount House uses the services of trusted and recognised online advertising and marketing companies. Ashmount House may also use third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies.
The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards.
When it comes to online advertising and marketing companies, we strive to only work with companies that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and/or the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). Members of NAI and IAB adhere to industry standards and codes of conduct. NAI and IAB members allow you to opt out of the behavioural advertising. Visit www.networkadvertising.organd www.youronlinechoices.com to identify the NAI members that may have placed an advertising cookie file on your computer. To opt out of an NAI or IAB member’s behavioural advertising programme, simply check the box that corresponds to the company from which you wish to opt out.
In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google Analytics, you may want to visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Who has access to Ashmount House cookie data?
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the “Help” function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. And opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
- Check-in times are from 3pm until 9pm. Checkout is 11:00am. Please let us know if you require a check-in or check-out at different times and we will do our upmost to accommodate your request. Late checkout (till Midday) is available at a cost of £20.00
- Weekend Stays. Most weekends require a minimum 2 night stay with Christmas and Bank Holidays charged at weekend rates.
- Bar and Lounge. Ashmount has a fully licensed ‘honesty’ bar in a comfortable guest lounge. If we are not around to serve you, simply detail your drinks and we will add them to your room account.
- Business Tariff. Our business tariff is available on last minute bookings when rooms are booked on a single occupancy basis. £79 per night, bed and breakfast on selected rooms. Please enquire for more details.
- Special requests. Should you have a special request that can’t be facilitated through the online booking system, please contact us on 01535 645726.
- Office hours. We are open from 8am to 9pm every day apart from Christmas Day.
- WiFi is available throughout the house
- Free limited onsite parking
Best rate guarenteed
Most bookings can be made online. For all special offers and business guest bookings, please call us in 01535 645726 or use our contact page